17 March 2012

Blindfold Beyond

During week 1 of Beyond rehearsals, Karla Shacklock's first task was for all the performers to experience The Looking Glass (the venue for the performance) without being able to see it. Here's a photo gallery of their experiences:



Chek - Our first encounter with our performance space, The Looking Glass, was blindfolded. To be given so much time to touch, smell, hear and explore the space meant for me that my sight became three-dimensionally richer. The memory of seeing the space through the other senses added layers or texture I would not have discovered had I just explored the space with my eyes. We repeated the exploration without the blindfold and the experience of seeing that which I had felt and smelt was revelatory. For me, there was an appreciation of the space I would not have had otherwise.